Seattle Drivers, These are the most basic and important car care tips!by All Vovo on 02/14/14
How often should any service on your car be performed? Who would you trust to give you that answer?
Many people are uninformed about the basic things and most important parts of maintaining your car or in our special case, your Volvo! Sure, we are a Volvo repair facility and we'd love to have more business, but we feel our first job is to keep folks educated about their cars. If we can help keep your car running well, we've already shown that All Vovo is a company that you can trust!
Here are some of the main things you need to know about the "normal" practices for keeping up things like your belts, hoses, or transmission. There are no "dumb questions", but here are a few things you won't have to wonder about any longer.
- When you approach your vehicle, get in the habit of looking at your tires. Tires that are low should be re-inflated immediately.
- Change your oil every 3,000 miles. (Some say you can go longer, but aim for 3,000 and it gives you a little bit of a grace period)
- Have belts and hoses inspected twice a year. (We are glad to help and usually check them any time you bring your car to us)
- Rotate and balance your tires every 7,000 miles and inspect tread depth.
- We recommend buying "Road Hazard Coverage" when you purchase new tires.
- Align your vehicle twice a year. (Not every auto repair place does this, but it's important for safety and tire wear)
- Change your transmission fluid every 25,000 to 30,000 miles.
- Timing belts need to be changed anywhere from 60,000 to 90,000 miles.
- When you purchase a used vehicle, have a reputable shop (All Vovo, for instance) check the car out BEFORE you make the purchase. Also, buy the extended warranty. Maintenance schedules are SO important to having long lasting vehicles. If you need any consultation on your vehicle at any time (especially if it's a Volvo---our specialty, please feel free to give us a call at 206-789-0736.